Conquering Fear And Overwhelm
The #1 thing holding people back from getting what they want is some form of the Big Ugly Monster, FEAR!!!!
I spend everyday helping people deal with the BUM. EVERYONE suffers from it. Even those people that you think are super successful and have their whole life together. It may not be the same fears, but we all deal with it.
Overwhelm is just a form of fear. It happens when we believe we are out of control or there is too much demanding our attention and we think we can’t handle it all. We get have too many plates spinning and we are afraid one or two or all of them are going to come crashing down. Want a secret? Take the plate off the stick and put it safely on the table where it can wait till you can deal with it.
Most people struggle with it for two reasons:
1. Their meaning of fear is faulty.
2. They haven’t learned how to make fear their friend and ally.
Stop a minute and answer these questions:
What is fear?
What is fear’s purpose?
I hoped you stopped and came up with your own answer before continuing. That should show what your beliefs are around fear. I have written a book about this called UNLEASH YOUR FEAR! and we do a workshop to help you make the changes I talk about in the book so you can have fear work FOR you instead of against you.
That is the long answer. The short answer is fear is not the Big Ugly Monster that sends you cowering back into your comfort zone whenever you want to grow.
Fear is your subconscious response to a perceived threat. The subconscious is trying to keep you safe inside your comfort zone. Fear is just a warning sign!!! It is designed to protect you. But most people haven’t trained it to know the difference between DIP sign and “Bridge Out” sign. Usually we only see the more severe sign which causes us to run back to our comfort zone and play inside the ‘approved’ areas.
But we can’t grow inside our comfort zone. Your dreams and goals are outside your comfort zone. We want to achieve those right? So how do you deal with it?
Again, the long answer is in the book. The short answer is:
1. Take action! This is antidote to fear. If you are busy doing, you can’t be busy worrying.
2. Embrace the belief that Dr. Susan Jeffers put in her great book, “Feel the Fear and Do It Anyway”. – Whatever happens, I can handle it. I am constantly teaching and reinforcing this belief. It empowers you to move forward in the face of the Big Ugly Monster because you realize he has no bite, just bark.
3. FOCUS on what you want. Not what you don’t want. Picture it working out instead of everything that could possibly go wrong. Focus on what is working vs what is not. Focus on the solution instead of the problem.
It doesn’t help that the media and powers that be are constantly pushing fear in order to get your attention. It is sad that they want to keep you scared and dependent on them instead of inspiring you to pursue your greatness.
BUT YOU ARE FREE TO CHOOSE!!! So choose to make fear your friend and be successful in pursuing your dreams.
If you are interested in getting a free copy of the book, UNLEASH YOUR FEAR!, visit www.UnleashYourFear.com for details.
To learn more about us, visit www.BrianLovegroveCoaching.com and if you are interested in learning how we can help you, schedule your complimentary Discovery Session where we will discuss where you are, where you want to go, and how we can help you get there.
Have a great day and STRIVE FOR EXCELLENCE!